You want it? You got it! Fresh celeb news daily.

SUBMIT
OK LogoNEWS

'The Bachelor' Alum Sean Lowe 'Boycotting' Show After Chris Harrison Exit, Wife Catherine Giudici Says

Jun. 26 2021, Published 7:40 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

One person disappointed to see Chris Harrison exit The Bachelor, is Sean Lowe who is said to no longer be watching the show.

Article continues below advertisement

Lowe's wife Catherine Giudici made the revelation earlier this week to Rori Sassoon at the launch party for the UnFiltered dating app.

"I’m watching it. My husband is kind of boycotting it because of the Chris Harrison stuff, but I’m watching it this season to support the girls," the 35-year-old spilled. "It’s been interesting. It’s been an interesting season. It’s just the beginning. … I’m excited for Katie [Thurston]."

Article continues below advertisement
the bachelor sean lowe boycotting chris harrison exit catherine giudici
Source: @seanloweksu/instagram; @chrisbharrison/instagram
Article continues below advertisement

The couple got engaged on season 17 of The Bachelor in 2013 and tied the knot one year later. They have since welcomed children; Samuel, 4, Isaiah, 3, and Mia, 18 months.

Harrison initially temporarily stepped aside from hosting after he was slammed for saying that season 25 contestant Rachael Kirkconnell deserved  "grace" and "compassion" after old social media posts resurfaced as the season aired.

Article continues below advertisement

Earlier this month, he announced that he would permanently leave The Bachelor.

"I’ve had a truly incredible run as host of The Bachelor franchise and now I’m excited to start a new chapter," he shared on Instagram. "I’m so grateful to Bachelor Nation for all of the memories we’ve made together. While my two-decade journey is wrapping up, the friendships I’ve made will last a lifetime."

Article continues below advertisement
Source: @chrisbharrison/Instagram

"Chris Harrison is stepping aside as host of The Bachelor franchise," Warner Horizon and ABC Entertainment confirmed. "We are thankful for his many contributions over the past 20 years and wish him all the best on his new journey."

Article continues below advertisement

Meanwhile, Lowe is not the only one sad to see Harrison go. Ashley Iaconetti was not happy to see Harrison go either.

"Overall, I’m disappointed on how it all unfolded," the 33-year-old said. "I wish he was still going to be around as host."

Article continues below advertisement

"It will never be the same. Truly the end of an era," she responded to Harrison's departure post. "Thank you for all the years of hard work and love you put into the show. I have a lump in my throat writing this. Can’t wait to see your next move. I love you."

Article continues below advertisement

"It will never be the same. Love you buddy," Lowe commented on the post.

"He felt blindsided and betrayed," an OK! insider said of the hiatus becoming permanent, as Harrison reportedly thought the scandal "would blow over, and he’d be welcomed back."

Article continues below advertisement

"Chris may have been overly optimistic that his almost two-decade tenure would have weight with the network," the insider added.

"Chris might say he doesn’t hold grudges toward the guest hosts, but part of him thinks it’s tacky of other stars to be gunning for his job so soon," the source said as Emmanuel Acho hosted the season 25 After The Final Rose special with Kaitlyn Bristowe and Tayshia Adams hosting Thurston's Bachelorette season.

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.