Andrew Cuomo has emerged in his second public appearance since resigning as Governor of New York last year.
The disgraced politician — who was previously slammed with multiple sexual harassment accusations — has shown his face again in public for the second time since stepping down from his respected job in August 2021.
The 64-year-old showed up to a church in the Bronx on Thursday, March 17, to slam his own democratic party for endorsing cancel culture. He was reportedly invited to the event by ex-City Councilman Rueben Diaz Sr.
"There's no discussion, there's no dialogue, but everybody has a strong opinion," he told a group of Hispanic ministers at the church, as reported by the New York Post. "We see extremists dictating radical positions in many ways which are driving the Democratic party."
"Cancel culture says if you don't agree with me and my point of view, then you should be canceled…It's a social death penalty," he reportedly stressed during Thursday's appearance.
Cuomo attended his first public event just weeks prior at a Brooklyn church, where he doubled down on his stance that didn't do anything wrong in the eyes of the law, despite the multiple allegations against him.
"No one ever told me I made them feel uncomfortable. I never sensed that I caused anyone discomfort," he maintained at the event earlier this month, as OK! learned. "I've been called old-fashioned, out-of-touch, and I've been told my behavior was not politically correct or appropriate, I accept that," he continued, while acknowledging he "should have" realized that the "social norms" changed.
However, he went on to explain: "Contrary to what my political opponents would have you believe, nothing I did violated the law or the regulations. I said from the start that I would defend any allegation that anyone wanted to bring, but the political sharks in Albany smelled blood. And they exploited the situation for their political purpose."
As OK! reported, Cuomo was previously accused of groping former staffer Brittany Commisso at the Executive Mansion in 2020, for which she filed criminal charges against him.
However, it was announced earlier this year that the charges were dismissed due to the burden of proving "the elements of crime beyond a reasonable doubt," as the Albany County District Attorney David Soares stated in January. "While we found the complainant in the case cooperative and credible, after review of all the available evidence we have concluded that we cannot meet our burden at trial."
Soares is now the third District Attorney within the state who has declined to charge Cuomo following their investigations.