You want it? You got it! Fresh celeb news daily.

SUBMIT
BREAKING NEWS
OK LogoNEWS

Astroworld Security Guard Reveals He Was Hired On The Spot & Didn't Receive Proper Training: 'I Don't Believe I Was Prepared'

Nov. 10 2021, Published 10:34 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

A security guard is speaking out about his experience working the deadly Astroworld Festival over the weekend.

Article continues below advertisement

Jackson Bush was among those hired as a security guard for the concert in Houston, Tex., on Friday, November 5, when a chaotic crowd surge ignited a devastating mass casualty incident.

Rapper Travis Scott was in the middle of his performance at NRG Park when the stampede erupted, killing 8 individuals and leaving over 300 injured.

Article continues below advertisement
astroworld security guard hired over text with no experience i dont believe i was prepared ok
Source: MEGA

Many have been left to question what went wrong during the situation, wondering why many suffering concertgoers and those screaming for help weren’t acknowledged until it was too late.

Article continues below advertisement

Bush — who was on the security staff for Friday’s event — admitted that he felt unprepared working as a security guard after receiving little-to-no training before his shift.

Article continues below advertisement

During an interview with News Nation Nows Brian Entin on Tuesday, November 9, Bush revealed that he didn't have to show any form of ID before being employed to work the highly anticipated event.

“I don’t believe I was prepared,” Bush said in the interview, insisting that the number of injuries was avoidable. “I believe that if we were all prepared the right way, that stuff wouldn’t have happened the way it did.”

Article continues below advertisement
astroworld security guard hired over text with no experience i dont believe i was prepared ok
Source: MEGA

Entin revealed that Bush had the lowest level of security clearance for the event, but that he was still placed at the front of the crowd, which consisted of 50,000 attendees.

Article continues below advertisement

“They were tight,” Bush said of the packed audience members. “Half the people we tried to pull out, we couldn’t get them out.”

Bush also said that he was “traumatized” following the concert, after witnessing the tragic incident first-hand.

Article continues below advertisement

“I literally seen [sic] this guy take his last breath,” he said earlier in the interview, describing several people who tried giving the deceased concertgoer compressions.

astroworld security guard hired over text with no experience i dont believe i was prepared ok
Source: MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

The security guard also revealed that his uncle — who was working the event as well — ended up with a broken arm from the madness.

Article continues below advertisement

As OK! previously reported, it was later revealed that Astroworld staffers were instructed to refer to any guests who died as “Smurfs,” in a security and medical response plan, per Chron.

The “SICKO MODE” rapper is also facing backlash after he reportedly continued on with the performance even after fans were screaming for help and ambulances were making their way through the mob of people.

Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña recently gave his take on the incident, claiming that Scott had a responsibility to stop the performance. However, the concert wasn’t officially stopped until 40 minutes after a mass casualty event was declared, per The New York Times.

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.