Travis Scott's Astroworld Stage Torn Down Weeks After Deadly Festival As Rapper Insists He's Not Responsible: Report
End of a chapter!
Travis Scott's Astroworld stage was torn down and hauled away 40 days after the deadly festival. In photos obtained by TMZ, a crew was working hard on Wednesday, December 15, dismantling the stage. A slew of staffers were spotted removing lighting and video screens and loading them into trucks to be hauled away.
As OK! previously reported, Kylie Jenner's baby daddy took the stage around 9 p.m. on Friday, November 5, and the crowd surged to the front, trampling individuals on their way. The mass chaos left eight people dead, 23 people rushed to the hospital and over 300 treated at the on-site field hospital. Two more individuals have died in the weeks following the horrific incident, bringing the death total to 10.
The 30-year-old rapper recently sat down to chat with Charlamagne Tha God for his first interview since the deadline concert, where he downplayed his culpability. "I've just been trying to figure things out," he said, insisting he has been keeping himself locked away to process the tragedy that occurred last month.
Scott spilled he didn't find out about the severity of the situation until "minutes before the press conference." He also acknowledged people often "pass out" at concerts, but maintained he was shocked to learn people had actually been killed.
- Travis Scott Breaks Silence On Fatal Astroworld Festival, Rapper Avoids Taking Blame For Devastating Tragedy
- Travis Scott Has 'Gotten So Close' To Kylie Jenner Following Astroworld Tragedy, Realizes 'His Career Isn't The Most Important Thing In His Life,' Source Spills
- All Travis Scott's Astroworld Victims Died Of Asphyxia, Only One Had Drugs In System, Reveals Coroner
"Did you hear any of those screams?" The 43-year-old radio host asked, referring to the hundreds of people in the audience who were desperately trying to escape as the crowd surge engulfed them. "Nah, man," the "SICKO MODE" rapper responded. "I just didn't hear that. I got music, I got my in-ears, but I just didn't hear that."
When asked about the "rage culture" the soon-to-be-father-of-two is known for inciting during his shows, he insisted it wasn't the crowd's "high energy" that caused the horrific ordeal. "Us as artists, we trust the professionals to make sure that, you know, things happen and people leave, you know safely," he said.
The "goosebumps" singer has been slapped with multiple lawsuits and an investigation into the tragedy is ongoing. After the ordeal, Scott stepped up to the plate and offered to cover all funeral cost for the victims, but multiple families have rejected his offer.