Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop 'Vagina' Candle Explodes In London Home, Causing 'An Inferno' That Nearly Burned The Place Down
A London woman who lit Gwyneth Paltrow's 'This Smells Like My Vagina' Candle revealed that the infamous Goop product nearly burned her house down.
"The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere," shared Jody Thompson, 50. "I've never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room."
Thompson, who received the candle as a gift after taking an online quiz, threw it out her front door in fear of what it could do to the home.
HEY, ROOMIE! FIND OUT WHICH CELEBS ONCE LIVED TOGETHER: BRAD PITT & JASON PRIESTLEY, WINONA RYDER & GWYNETH PALTROW AND MORE
“It could have burned the place down," she admitted. "It was scary at the time, but funny looking back that Gwyneth’s vagina candle exploded in my living room."
After the incident, the London Fire Brigade took to Twitter to comically emphasize fire safety tips and regulations.
Last year, the actress revealed how she came up with the candle's eyebrow-raising name, confessing that at the time, she and her staff were drinking tea made with psychedelic mushrooms while in Jamaica.
2020 FASHION FAILS: THE 11 WORST DRESSED CELEBS OF THE YEAR
"I smelled this beautiful thing and I said, 'This smells like my vagina.' I was kidding. We were on mushrooms," she recalled. “It was really funny to us, but also a little bit punk rock.
“I think women, a lot of us, have grown up feeling certain degrees of shame around our bodies or whatever. So this is a little bit of a subversive candle for all of us out there.”
Paltrow released the candle on her lifestyle website Goop last January, charging $75.
SEE GWYNETH PALTROW'S LAVISH CHILDHOOD HOME — YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE IT'S IN NYC: PHOTOS
"With a funny, gorgeous, sexy, and beautifully unexpected scent, this candle is made with geranium, citrusy bergamot, and cedar absolutes juxtaposed with Damask rose and ambrette seed to put us in mind of fantasy, seduction, and a sophisticated warmth," the product description reads.
The Sun was the first to report on the candle fiasco.