ROYAL FAMILY NEWSMeghan Markle's Show 'With Love, Meghan' 'Became a Punchline' and 'Poisoned' As Ever, Claims Expert: 'The Credibility Was Gone'

A royal expert claimed Meghan Markle's Netflix show 'With Love, Meghan' negatively impacted her lifestyle brand As Ever.
Aug. 23 2026, Published 1:48 p.m. ET
Ever since Meghan Markle and Prince Harry departed from the royal family in January 2020, she's tried her hand at other business ventures such as her Netflix show With Love, Meghan, and her lifestyle company As Ever.
However, royal expert Dan Wakeford believes the Duchess of Sussex's attempt to build her brand isn't going as well as it should be.
'With Love, Meghan' Was Canceled Earlier This Year After 2 Seasons

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are reportedly moving to the United Kingdom later this month for an extended period of time.
"With Love, Meghan became a punchline when it really needed to be a launch pad," Wakeford told Fox News on Friday, August 21. "And when the show was mocked, it poisoned As Ever because the credibility was gone."
With Love, Meghan premiered on Netflix in March 2025 and was canceled earlier this year after two seasons. The cooking show featured the Suits star, 45, hanging out with celebrity guests as they discussed tips and tricks for entertaining.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry move to the West Coast in January 2020.
"The problem is that Meghan and Harry believed the big Netflix deal and Spotify check meant they had leverage when, in actuality, the deal and the check were the leverage," he continued.
"She needs to find an extraordinary script the way Demi Moore did with Substance and do something that shocks people and gets away from the princess arc," he added. "She needs to go back to what she loves and what made her famous in the first place."
- Meghan Markle's Casting in Season 3 of 'The Gentlemen' Has Been Withdrawn Due to Intense Backlash, Source Claims
- Jenna Bush Hager Shades Meghan Markle and Prince Harry for Returning to the U.K. After They 'Lit a Match' With the Royal Family
- Meghan Markle Set to 'Make Return to Acting' With U.K. Move — as Couple Is Warned There's 'No Way Back' to Join Royal Family
Want OK! each day? Sign up here!
Meghan Markle Was Considered for a Role on 'The Gentlemen'

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex married in May 2018.
When Harry, 41, and Meghan tied the knot in May 2018, she gave up her career as an actress to step into the role of royalty.
In a shocking turn of events, it was announced on August 19 that Meghan and the Invictus Games founder would be moving back to the United Kingdom for an extended period of time later this month. The pair have lived with their children, Prince Archie, and Princess Lilibet, in Montecito, Calif., since 2020.
Shortly after the news of their grand British return hit the headlines, it was rumored that Meghan was in contention to appear on season three of Netflix's The Gentlemen.

Meghan Markle is reportedly no longer being considered for a role on 'The Gentleman.'
However, she's reportedly no longer being eyed for a role on the action comedy series due to intense backlash.
A source recently told royal author Tina Brown her apparent casting is now off the table and her offer "has been withdrawn."
"The backlash in the U.K. was so intense, it became untenable to go forward. This does not bode well for Meghan’s acting comeback in the U.K.," Brown penned on her Substack page on Saturday, August 22.
According to The Sun, Meghan would have earned over $1 million for her work on The Gentlemen if she was actually casted.


