ROYAL FAMILY NEWSMegyn Kelly Says Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Only Returning to the U.K. to 'Feel Special' Again as Couple's Exit Fuels Scrutiny

Megyn Kelly weighed in on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's U.K. return.
Aug. 20 2026, Published 7:36 p.m. ET
Megyn Kelly claimed she knows the "real reason" behind Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's move back to the United Kingdom.
"Because they can't stand not being adored and famous and welcomed everywhere and getting the reservations they want and the attention they want," Kelly, 55, said during the Thursday, August 20, broadcast of "The Megyn Kelly Show." "'We want privacy.' We all know it's a lie, and they think that they'll have an elevated status over the U.K., and that's all their children."
Megyn Kelly Weighed in on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Return to the U.K.

Megyn Kelly claimed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle want their children to be 'treated like royalty.'
As OK! previously reported, Harry, 41, and Meghan, 45, along with their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, are relocating back to Britain more than six years after giving up their status as working members of the royal family and moving to California.
The journalist claimed that the couple, who tied the knot in 2018, want their children to be "brought up as the little prince and princess they are."
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Want to 'Feel Special'

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle got married in 2018.
"They know that the British public actually believes in that c---. Unlike us, no one here is treating Archie and Lilibet like royalty," Kelly continued. "This is why they're going. They're going back to a place where they can feel special, and they can get reservations at any restaurant."
Kelly claimed that she believes the Suits actress is "not happy" with her life in California, adding, "Her little kids are not getting the royal treatment, and neither is she."
The podcast host also claimed that Meghan probably had to "talk" her husband into returning over the pond.
- Megyn Kelly Claims Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Returned to U.K. Because They ‘Can’t Stand’ Prince William and Kate Middleton’s Successes
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's U.K. Move Shocks Social Media: 'My Condolences to His Majesty'
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Will Not Return to the 'Royal Working Unit' Amid Feud
Want OK! each day? Sign up here!
Megyn Kelly Thinks Meghan Markle Wants 'Status'

Prince Harry previously said that he didn't see a 'world' where he could see himself bringing his wife and children back to the U.K.
"She wants that status that she thought she was getting when she married him, and so I believe she wants this," Kelly continued. "He actually has been ripping on his country nonstop 15 months ago … He said he could not possibly go back there… 'Can't see a world in which I'd be bringing my wife and children back to the UK.'"
Harry had been vocal about his concerns about his family's potential return to the U.K. after their taxpayer-funded police security was stripped following their decision to step back from the royal family in 2020.
Prince Harry Had Concerns About His Family's Safety in the U.K.

Meghan Markle returned to the U.K. for the first time since 2022 in July.
Meghan and their children's reunion with King Charles last month also didn't happen due to the same security concerns. The visit marked the Deal or No Deal alum and her children's first meeting with Charles, 77, since 2022.
Despite initial apprehension, the family was able to reunite after Harry arranged private security for his wife and children during their short trip in July.
It's still unclear what security measures would be in place for the estranged royals once they move back to the country and who would foot the bill.


