The series finale of How I Met Your Mother airs one week from tonight! Fans will finally, finally learn how Ted met the Mother, a mere nine years after the show began. You could try to cram nine seasons' worth of episodes into a speed viewing in the next seven days, but OKMagazine.com has some other ideas for how to celebrate this momentous occasion:
1. Watch the series creators' favorite episodes. They selected their five faves, and they'll be airing on syndication on FOX all this week.
2. Reread our interviews with the producers at the end of last season, and the beginning of this one. You can even listen to a playlist of songs inspired by the mother, which producer Craig Thomas made exclusively for OKMagazine.com. "Without saying how or when we’ll use it, or what the meaning behind it is, the song 'La Vie En Rose' (made famous by Edith Piaf) is important for The Mother in Season 9," Thomas told us at the start of the season.
- Friends, Sex & The City & More! How Much Would These Popular TV Apartments Cost To Rent In 2022?
- 'How I Met Your Mother' Alum Charlene Amoia Dishes On 'Surprise' Recurring Role, Working With Neil Patrick Harris & More
- Kim Cattrall Joins Cast Of 'How I Met Your Mother' Spin Off After Refusing To Reprise 'Sex And The City' Role For Revival Series
3. Watch the whole cast of How I Met Your Mother on an episode of Inside the Actors Studio, debuting this Thursday night at 8pm on Bravo.
4. Throw a finale party. Some requirements? Your costume could be either a Barney-level suit, or red cowboy boots, with a yellow umbrella of course, plus temporary butterfly tattoos. One person could be a slutty pumpkin, natch. As for the decor, be sure to hang an INTERVENTION banner, keep a copy of the Bro Code book on the table, and scatter some musical instruments that have been spray-painted blue. For food and drink, try beer and more beer, as is the usual offering at MacLaren's.