OK LogoEXCLUSIVE

Despite Dropping Out Of 'Shotgun Wedding,' Armie Hammer Will Still Be Paid 'Sizable' Chunk, Source Spills

armie hammer dms scandal shotgun wedding jennifer lopez payout
Source: MEGA

Feb. 6 2021, Updated 5:22 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Actor Armie Hammer may no longer be starring opposite Jennifer Lopez in the upcoming film Shotgun Wedding — exiting on his own accord, he previously said in a statement — but he is still getting paid, OK! has learned. 

Two sources close to the production tell OK! that Hammer will walk away with a “sizable” chunk of the money he was set to receive for the picture. 

Article continues below advertisement

One of the sources said that the reason for this was threefold. First, Hammer would not have been able to book another job so close to production, especially with pandemic protocols, the insider explains. 

INSIDE ARMIE HAMMER'S SEX DEN OF SIN: THE $5.8 MILLION MANSION HE ONCE CALLED HIS FAMILY HOME

Second, the 34-year-old did not choose to walk away on his own accord, but rather after discussions with others involved in the project, the source reveals.

Most importantly, the insider claims, the film got financed by using Hammer and his name. “Hollywood is a backwards place, and this sound absolutely ludicrous in retrospect,” notes that source, “but at that stage Hammer was just as much a draw as Jennifer Lopez to investors and potential financiers.” 

Article continues below advertisement

The second source noted that WME dropped the actor soon after Hammer got his payout from this film and at least two other projects he had walked away from in recent weeks at the request of producers and/or the studio.

As OK! previously reported, after Hammer stepped down from his upcoming role in Shotgun Wedding amid his alleged leaked DMs scandal, Josh Duhamel is set to star in the flick, according to a casting notice.

SOCIAL DISTANCING FOR GOOD: CELEB COUPLES WHO'VE CALLED IT QUITS DURING QUARANTINE 

When direct messages — which have not been verified — hit the internet, which detailed the actor’s supposed cannibalistic fetishes and kinky sex life, Hammer responded by saying that the allegations made against him by a slew of women are “bulls**t.” 

Article continues below advertisement

“I’m not responding to these bull**t claims but in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for four months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic,” Hammer said in a statement in mid-January. “Lionsgate is supporting me in this and I'm grateful to them for that.” 

In the latest Hammer news following the explosive scandal, the actor has been dropped by his agency William Morris Endeavor (WME) and his personal publicist.

His estranged wife, Elizabeth Chambers, recently broke her silence about the allegations earlier this week — and posted on Instagram that she was saging her house

“Heartbreak aside, I am listening, and will continue to listen and educate myself on these delicate matters. I didn’t realize how much I didn’t know,” she posted on Instagram. “I support any victim of assault or abuse and urge anyone who has experienced this pain to seek the help she or he needs to heal. At this time, I will not be commenting further on this matter.”

As OK! previously reported, the actor has also reportedly exited the upcoming Paramount+ The Godfather series, The Offer, amid his alleged DMs scandal.

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.