Travis Scott is reportedly having a difficult time dealing with the aftermath of the tragic Astroworld Festival last weekend.
The rapper’s pregnant girlfriend Kylie Jenner, 24, was in attendance for the event with their 3-year-old daughter Stormi, when the concert continued on while the deadly chaos unfolded in the audience.
Jenner previously released a statement claiming that she and Scott “weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show,” insisting that the “SICKO MODE” artist would have stopped performing if he knew.
According to a new report from The Sun, both the makeup mogul and her baby daddy have been in tears since the devastating incident on Friday, November 5.
“Travis and Kylie have been sobbing on the phone to their teams and trying to figure out what happened,” a source close to the pair told the outlet.
“They found out after the show on Friday that people had died, but they were initially told it was someone injecting drugs and that a number of people went into cardiac arrest in the same spot,” the source continued.
Similar to Jenner’s initial statement, the source claimed that the pair were unaware of the devastating events that were really going on. “They had no idea of what truly happened until much later on, and they are heartbroken over the situation,” the source added.
- Houston Fire Chief Says Travis Scott 'Absolutely' Should Have Stopped Performing After It Was Evident That 'Something Was Wrong' At Astroworld Festival
- Travis Scott Offers To Foot The Bill For Astroworld Festival Victims' Funerals As Rapper Faces 8 Lawsuits That Could Set Him Back Millions
- Travis Scott Slapped With 8 Lawsuits Following Astroworld Festival Tragedy As 'Distraught' Rapper Cancels Upcoming Las Vegas Appearance
Scott has since been receiving heavy amounts of backlash after videos surfaced on social media showing the horrific events taking place in the crowd while the rapper continued singing.
One video circulating online showed a female concertgoer screaming for a camera crew member’s attention to stop the show after it was clear that people were dying.
However, the source claimed that Scott — who was using an earpiece to communicate with the crew — was never told to stop the show.
“The female fan who tried to get the cameraman’s attention was about 50 yards away, and nobody told Travis to pull the plug,” they said.
“He did pause earlier in the night to make sure someone was OK and even said turn the lights on, but he was then told to continue,” the source added. “It’s not his job to say stop, it’s the fire department and this didn’t happen. The fire marshalls didn’t intervene.”
While a video emerged earlier this week of the “OUT WEST” artist appearing to be watching as a dead body was carried out of the crowd, the source alleged that Scott was actually unable to see what was going on because of the stadium lights.
“There were pyrotechnics on stage and lights in his eyes, it’s a mammoth stadium, he couldn't see what was truly happening in the crowd,” the insider added.
So far, the number of lawsuits against Scott are still growing, with at least 15 already filed, but it is still unclear whether or not the rap mogul will legally found responsible for the travesty,