While the rest of the world went about business, for Twilight fans all over the globe, there was only one story worth reading about in 2009: The romance between Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, otherwise known as Edward Cullen and Bella Swan in the popular tweenage vamp series. Missed something? OK! takes a look back at the year in Robsten to fill in the gaps.
• With no Kristen around and New Moon filming far off, Rob complained about not being able to get a date in NYC. After reading that story, eleventy billion R-Pattz fans bought plane tickets to find him and assure him that they were available.
• The cast of New Moon finally reunites up in Vancouver to begin filming. Rob and the rest of the gang head out on the town to help Kristen celebrate her birthday. Kristen was still dating Michael Angarano at the time, but still... Wonder if she got a birthday smooch?
• Kristen returns the birthday love, going out with Rob for his birthday in Vancouver. With Kristen by his side, we can guess what he wished for!
• The heat turns up on Robsten as the two are spotted acting awfully flirtatious at a concert in Vancouver.
• Burgeoning passion between the two almost boils over during a fake-out kiss at the MTV Movie awards, after the twosome won "Best Kiss." We're sure they had fun practicing that one! A friend tells OK! after the awards: “Robert and Kristen spent a lot of time alone together when they filmed the first Twilight movie — they’d stay up most of the night talking, laughing, playing music. Although Robert knew Kristen had a boyfriend, he made no secret of the fact that he was crazy about her.”
• Just when things are heaing up between Rob and Kristen, he heads to NYC to start filming Remember Me while she stays behind in L.A. to film The Runaways.
• Twilight's director Catherine Hardwicke sort of admits the two could be dating. Crowds of fans crow, "Told ya so!"
• Sick of waiting on Kristen to break up with Michael Angarano, Rob tells her to choose. And (eventually), she picks R-Pattz!
• While Kristen summons the courage to split with Michael, Rob gets close with co-star Emilie de Ravin, and Kristen gets nervous.
• Kristen and Michael are done with (or near enough to it), and before seeing him again at Comic Con in San Diego, she gets herself prepped to go full steam ahead with Rob.
• With both Rob and Kristen both back in L.A. before heading to Vancouver to film Eclipse, R-Pattz is spotted speeding away from her house.
• The very next day, Kristen tries to sneak out of Rob's hotel, the Chateau Marmont. Five minutes later, he exits out a side door.
• After the Teen Choice Awards, Rob and Kristen jump into the same car to spend time together instead of going to afterparties. So romantic!
• Back in Vancouver during the filming of Eclipse, the twosome snuggle up at a Kings of Leon concert.
engage rumors http://www.okmagazine.com/2009/09/robert-pattinson-kristen-stewart-engaged/
• When you're young and in love, why not talk about getting engaged? “If Kristen is looking for Rob, she’ll say, ‘Has anyone seen my husband?’’’an insider told OK! at the time. “And Rob loves to say, ‘Have you met my lovely wife, Kristen?’ It’s cute. They’re like a couple of love-struck teenagers.”
• A hostess at the Twilight gang's frequent hangout in Vancouver says the two just seem to make each other happy. "You can just tell by looking at them," she told OK!. "They’re really cute together, always smiling.
• OK! shows readers inside the digs Rob and Kristen shared in Vancouver during filming, where they spent much of their happy time at home together.
• By the end of the month, the two decide to take a tiny break from each other before gearing up for the whirlwind of New Moon promotions.
• Robsten comes back with a vengeance in a Harper's Bazaar magazine shoot that shows exactly how compatible they really are!
• While in Paris promoting New Moon, Rob & Kristen take their romance totally public, holding hands on the way to their plane.
• Rob and Kristen lay low at the end of the year and prepare for the holidays; however Rob does venture out in L.A. briefly. Who knows what the new year will bring!