The 2013 Oscars were last night and there is a lot to celebrate. There’s also a lot to ponder. We take a look at some of Oscar night’s biggest questions.
1. Why didn’t Channing Tatum strip?
Yes of course the dance with Charlize Theron was beautiful but that wasn’t really what we wanted to see. And when we found out Joseph Gordon-Levitt was going to be part of the opening, we immediately had flashbacks to his SNL monologue where he got all Magic Mike on us. The show could’ve used more stripping, that’s all we’re saying.
2. What year is it?
Why so much Chicago? That was 10 years ago. We’re over it. We’re happy to see Queen Latifah because she makes things fun (and her standing next to Kristin Chenoweth in the pre-show was amazing). And yes Catherine Zeta-Jones was great. But Les Mis was enough musical stuff for this year.
3. Why was Jennifer Lawrence’s fall the most perfect thing she’s ever done?
She’s kicked ass as Katniss, she skinned a squirrel, she made out with Bradley Cooper. And yet falling up the stairs to accept an Oscar only makes her more flawless.
4. What did Tommy Lee Jones drink before the show to put him in such a great mood?
He smiled. That's a great mood for him.
5. Why were the outfits during the Les Mis performance better than the ones the actors wore on the red carpet?
They were saving the best for inside?
6. Do all sound editors have long hair?
There was a tie for Best Sound Editing between Zero Dark Thirty and Skyfall
Ben Affleck's speech was great and really all we needed, just seems odd that Clooney didn't try to get in a few remarks!
8. Why was Charlize embarrassed of that dance with Channing?
Girl, own that! You know you rocked it!
9. Can Adele be our best friend forever?
We love her more with every award show apperance (and win!).
10. And speaking of best friends, what's Reese Witherspoon doing next?
We miss her on the big screen! We know she had a baby and all, but get back into a charming witty romantic comedy role asap please Reese!
11. Is Daniel Day-Lewis funny?
We had no idea but after the jokes during his Best Actor aceptance speech, we might need to get this man in a comedy NOW!
12. Why does seeing Bradley Cooper with his adorable mother make us melt into a puddle?
13. What was with the Jaws music? Did they want winners to run off the stage in fear?
14. Did Brandi Glanville stay in her dress all night?
Is it possible? Can she recommend the brand of sticky tape she used?
15. Wait, did we love or hate Seth MacFarlane as host?
16. Why are people ever surprised the Oscars are boring?
What did you expect to happen? They are the same every year. Some people win awards, some people sing, some people don’t win awards, it’s too long. Same thing. Every year. Who’s surprised? We all voluntarily tune in. if you want action, The Walking Dead is also on. Or Girls! You'll probably get to see some boobs! Don’t tune in to the Oscars for excitement. Well, maybe next year when Tina & Amy are hosting.
Did the Oscars leave you with any burning questions? Tell us in the comments below or on Twitter @OKMagazine
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!