Bravely coming forward.
The anonymous woman who initially made disturbing claims on social media against actor Armie Hammer has revealed herself.
“I thought that he was going to kill me,” alleged the woman, going simply by Effie at the press conference but reportedly goes by the name of Effie Angelova, on Thursday, March 18, during a press conference with her high-profile attorney, Gloria Allred.
The 24-year-old accused the actor, whom she had on-and-off four-year relationship with, of physical abuse and violent rape.
"On April 24, 2017, Armie Hammer violently raped me for over four hours in Los Angeles,” Angelova claimed. “During which he repeatedly slapped my head against a wall bruising my face. He also committed other acts of violence against me to which I did not consent.”
She also claimed that, during the alleged rape, the Social Network star beat her feet “so they would hurt” with every step she took. According to Angelova, she tried to get away, “but he wouldn’t let me.”
Angelova, who initially would not reveal her last name during her press conference, said she was 20 years old when she met Hammer via Facebook and “fell in love with him instantly,”
Looking back, she said she now sees “clear manipulation tactics” used on her, which led to violence.
“He would often test my devotion to him,” she said. “He abused me mentally, emotionally and sexually.”
In response to Angelova's allegations, Hammer’s attorney, Andrew Brettler of Lavely and Singer, released a statement strongly denying the rape allegation and Angelova's other claims.
“Effie’s own correspondence with Mr. Hammer undermines and refutes her outrageous allegations," Brettler said in a statement. "As recently as July 18, 2020, [she] sent graphic texts to Mr. Hammer telling him what she wanted him to do to her. Mr. Hammer responded making it clear that he did not want to maintain that type of relationship with her.
“It was never Mr. Hammer’s intention to embarrass or expose [Effie’s] fetishes or kinky sexual desires, but she has now escalated this matter to another level by hiring a civil lawyer to host a public press conference," the statement continued. "With the truth on his side, Mr. Hammer welcomes the opportunity to set the record straight.
"From day one, Mr. Hammer has maintained that all of his interactions with [Effie] — and every other sexual partner of his for that matter — have been completely consensual, discussed and agreed upon in advance, and mutually participatory. [Effie’s] attention seeking and ill-advised legal bid will only make it more difficult for real victims of sexual violence to get the justice they deserve.”
As OK! previously reported, the stomach-churning scandal began in January, when the Instagram account House of Effie leaked DMs allegedly sent from a then-unidentified women. In the disturbing unverified messages, Hammer allegedly detailed graphic sexual fantasies.
After the messages leaked, several woman who had dated Hammer came forward with similar allegations against the Rebecca actor.
"He was talking about finding a doctor to remove my ribs that I don't need — the ribs that are on the bottom — and that he had a smoker at his house. He wanted to smoke them and eat them. He wondered how they would taste and he basically was like, 'I bet you they would taste good,'" Lorenze told Fox News. "I think he really has a desire to hurt women."
"He said he wanted to find a doctor that would remove my ribs,” she added. “He was telling me you can remove the bottom rib so he could smoke them, cook them and eat them. He kept saying, ‘You don’t need them.’”
Courtney Vucekovich brought forward the idea that Hammer apparently wanted to chomp on her bones: "He said to me he wants to break my rib and barbecue and eat it," adding, "He says, I want to take a bite out of you. If I had a little cut on my hand he’d like suck it or lick it."
She also told Page Six that Hammer wanted to "break my rib and barbecue and eat it."
Jessica Ciencin Henriquez, who was also linked to Hammer, did not share her experiences with him but said she believes the messages are "real."
Hammer initially refused to respond to the "b****it claims," and his team denied the allegations as "patently untrue," adding that any interactions with sexual partners were "completely consensual in that they were fully discussed, agreed upon, and mutually participatory."
"The stories being perpetuated in the media are a misguided attempt to present a one-sided narrative with the goal of tarnishing Mr. Hammer’s reputation, and communications from the individuals involved prove that," Hammer’s attorney Brettler previously said.
The actor was subsequently dropped by his agency William Morris Endeavor (WME) and exited the upcoming Paramount+ spin-off series about the making of The Godfather, The Offer. He also stepped down from his role in Shotgun Wedding, which was reportedly passed over to Josh Duhamel.
Hammer’s ex-wife broke her silence on February 1. "Heartbreak aside, I am listening, and will continue to listen and educate myself on these delicate matters. I didn’t realize how much I didn’t know," she posted on Instagram. "I support any victim of assault or abuse and urge anyone who has experienced this pain to seek the help she or he needs to heal. At this time, I will not be commenting further on this matter.
Variety was first to report on Effie's press conference and Hammer’s attorney statement.