Although she noted that the 99-year-old royal "hurts at moments," she remains hopeful he will recover.
"We keep our fingers crossed,” she added.
As OK! previously reported, the Duke Of Edinburgh was admitted to the private King Edward VII Hospital in Marylebone, London, in the evening of Tuesday, February 16.
"The Duke's admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness's Doctor, after feeling unwell," Buckingham Palace shared in a statement. "The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest."
Philip was driven to the hospital by car before he walked in unaided. Royal sources shared that Philip was in "good spirits," and that Queen Elizabeth II remained at their home, Windsor Castle — where the two have been residing amid lockdown.
He was moved to St. Bartholomew’s hospital in London early on Monday, March 1, to continue treatment for a pre-existing heart condition and an infection, according to Buckingham Palace. He will undergo tests and observation for the heart condition.
"As far as I'm aware, well I did speak to him the other day, so he's a lot better thank you very much indeed, and he's looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing," Prince Edward said last week, adding that the royal family were "keeping their fingers crossed."
Prince Charles was able to visit his father on February 20 and reportedly spent 30 minutes at the hospital.
But despite the promising news, others fear this may be the end of the road for the 99-year-old. There is so much concern surrounding Philip's health that Prince Harry "is being advised to fly home right now to say goodbye to his grandfather," a source told The Royal Observer. "Who knows if he will listen."
While Buckingham Palace reports that Philip "remains comfortable and is responding to treatment," the source revealed that palace insiders are already planning Philip's funeral, which will "be a massive state function."
"There are lots of discussions about what to do with the problem of Meghan [Markle] and Harry," the source added before explaining that it's confusing "where to seat them and how to protect them from the British public who could boo them."
Last month, it was revealed that the Duke and the Queen both received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Philip — who retired from his royal duties in 2017 — has suffered from a number of health scares over the years.
In December 2011, he was treated for a blocked coronary artery at the Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire and a bladder infection one year later in June. His 2012 ailment forced him to miss the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Philip also had exploratory surgery on his abdomen in 2013 and began using hearing aids the following year at age 93.
One year before announcing his retirement, Philip had to pull out of a Battle of Jutland anniversary event due to a minor ailment.
In December 2019, the Duke spent four nights at King Edward Hospital because of a "pre-existing condition." In 2019, That same year he was also involved in a car-flipping accident and voluntarily surrendered his driver's license. Fortunately, neither Philip nor the passengers in the other car were injured.
Philip has lived an active life — he was an avid polo player, which resulted in arthritis in his right wrist — and is an advocate for healthy eating and fitness. The Queen's former physicians even described Philip as "astonishingly fit for a man of his age" when he entered his 70s.