OK LogoCOUPLES

Clare Crawley & Dale Moss: What Went Wrong With The Fast-Falling Bachelor Couple Who Seemingly Had It All?

clare crawley dale moss split engagement what happened bachelorette timeline
Source: MEGA

Jan. 25 2021, Updated 12:01 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Dale Moss stunned fans with the announcement he had called off his engagement with The Bachelorette star Clare Crawley last week, just months after getting down on one knee and popping the question during filming for Season 16 of the ABC dating show. 

Crawley was so convinced that Moss was “The One” that she decided to quit the series shortly after production commenced. 

Article continues below advertisement

While fans were stunned by her move to leave The Bachelorette altogether, viewers were generally happy that the 39-year-old was following her heart since she claimed to have found what she was looking for.

The pair documented their doting relationship on social media with endless selfies and heartfelt quotes dedicated to each other, which only seemed to affirm that their choice to walk away from the reality series after meeting each other was the wisest decision they could’ve made. 

COLTON, ALI & MORE! BACHELOR OR BACHELORETTES WHO *ALMOST* QUIT THE SHOW

But on January 19, Moss took to his Instagram platform to share some devastating news.

“I wanted share with you all that Clare and I have decided to go our separate ways. We appreciate the love and support we’ve received from so many people, but this is the healthiest decision for both of us at this time,” he said in a since-deleted post.

Article continues below advertisement

"We strongly believe in leading with love and always remaining true to oneself – something our families have taught and instilled in us throughout our lives. We only hope the best things for one another.”

OK! was the first to report that Moss was spotted "getting affectionate" with a woman in New York City — just a few weeks after his engagement. The 32-year-old was seen "in SoHo with three women" on November 14 — none of which were his fiancée.

Additionally, sources told PEOPLE that the reason behind Moss’ decision to call it quits with Crawley was simply because “he had cold feet” when it came to taking the next step in their relationship.

Article continues below advertisement

While Crawley was said to have been very vocal on wanting to tie the knot and starting a family, her ex-fiancé reportedly wasn’t ready for the lifelong commitment and knew he needed some time to think about their relationship moving forward. 

In the end, however, it was Moss who decided to pull the plug.

TYLER CAMERON ISN'T AFRAID TO SLIDE INTO DMs ON THE 'GRAM — SEE HIS SEXIEST PICS 

Article continues below advertisement

"Dale wasn't ready for marriage and kids," the insider explained. "He did have feelings for Clare but he wasn't on the same page as her.

"Things only got tougher after the show when they had to start making big life decisions.”

After Moss won over Crawley on The Bachelorette, fans were skeptical about his end game and were curious if he was in it for the right reasons and wasn’t just trying to use the show to further his career. 

5 FACTS ABOUT TAYSHIA ADAMS, THE BACHELOR NATION FAVE WHO’S TAKING OVER THIS SEASON

Delaina Dixon, former cohost of VH1’s The Gossip Table, said on a podcast that when she met Moss in 2016, she felt like he was just using her in order to advance his career. “Chatting with him and hanging out with him, it’s easy to understand why Clare would fall for him so fast,” she said. 

Article continues below advertisement

Now, Crawley has admitted that she's "crushed" by the breakup. “I was made aware of a ‘mutual’ statement at the same time you all were, so I’ve needed some time to really digest this,” the Bachelorette star wrote via Instagram on January 21. “Speaking for myself, my intentions with this relationship have always been very clear, so the truth is I am crushed.”

She even admitted their “relationship was not perfect.” 

But don't expect anymore details. A source exclusively told OK! that Moss can't speak much more about what truly went down between the reality show couple."Everyone on the show signs a contract that they cannot do press without permission for one year after the season finale airs," said the source. "Dale is still under contact and runs the risk of getting sued if he opens his mouth."

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.