As OK! previously reported, Osbourne's questionable defense of her famous friend poured over into the Wednesday, March 10, episode of The Talk, which resulted in a heated exchange between Osbourne and cohost Sheryl Underwood. Several racially charged allegations then came out about Osbourne, and The Talk went on hiatus to do damage control regarding the scandal.
With Osbourne's future at The Talk still uncertain, a new report in The Sun claimed the host is telling pals she will only leave if she gets an eight-figure pay-off. "She is furious about the slew of accusations made about her and is refusing to bow to the mounting pressure to leave," a source told the outlet. "As far as she is concerned, she apologized over the on-air debate and hasn’t done anything else wrong.
"She has a contract and they will have to pay her off if they want her to leave and that will cost them tens of millions," the insider dished, adding: "If bosses expect her to go quietly, they have got another thing coming."
Earlier this month on The Talk, Underwood questioned how Osbourne could defend someone who "uttered" something "racist." Osbourne had a meltdown on air followed by another one after the show — she has since accused CBS "executives" of blindsiding her with the segment about Morgan.
Osbourne and Underwood's heated exchange prompted accusations of racism, with the talk show being taken off air due to an investigation into the claims made.
- Will Sharon Osbourne Return To 'The Talk' Following On-Air Meltdown? Troubled Host Feels Like A 'Sacrificial Lamb'
- Did Sharon Osbourne Quit 'The Talk' Or Was She Fired? A Lack Of 'Trust' Was A Contributing Factor, Source Spills
- 'The Talk' Host Sharon Osbourne Increases Security At L.A. Home As Racism Controversy Rages On: Photos
If Osbourne leaves the show, it would be hard to keep her quiet, a source told Page Six. "She could write a book, she would do a world of interviews. She knows where all the bodies are buried," said the insider, adding that the showrunners and executive producers "blew it" by "not preparing Sharon" for the segment.
It "was a fatal mistake. It has destroyed the show," they added.
As OK! previously reported, Osbourne — who said she was only defending Morgan's right to freedom of speech and not necessarily agreeing with what he said — has since issued an apology to those she offended in the Black community and gave a personal apology to Underwood, who is Black; however, the brunette beauty still hasn't spoken to Osbourne, the former X Factor judge claimed.
During the heated exchange that put the show on hiatus, Osbourne asked Underwood: "Why is it that because I supported a longtime friend and work colleague for years, people go ‘well you must be racist because he’s racist?'
"I support his freedom of speech. I’m not racist and neither is Piers racist," she added. "What have I ever said about anybody that’s racist? It’s not within me. It’s not in my soul."
Underwood, 57, questioned the 68-year-old's comments: "What would you say to people who may feel that while you're standing by your friend, it appears you gave validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist, even if you don't agree?"
In light of the recent allegations, Osbourne hinted that she believes she may be fired over the cohosts' conversation. "I kind of think they're going to use me as a sacrificial lamb and fire me. It's fine. It's fine," she said last week. "It hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it will."
Last week, The Talk also released a statement about the show, saying: "CBS is committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace across all of our productions. We're also very mindful of the important concerns expressed and discussions taking place regarding events on The Talk. This includes a process where all voices are heard, claims are investigated and appropriate action is taken where necessary."